- Thomas Gladwin is a brand created to help those in need through donating 50% of its profits to CARE Australia. The business was originally founded in light of South Sudan's horrific fight for democracy and subsequent effects it had on the women and children in South Sudan.
Facts about CARE:
- In 2017/18, CARE Australia assisted over 2.1 million people across 28 countries in the world.
- 85 cents in every $1 spent went to CARE programs.
- CARE responded to 13 emergencies across 17 countries.
- More than 51,000 donors contributed over $14.2 million.
- 94% of CARE staff are local to the country they work in.
From CARE's website:
"We share with our supporters the desire for everyone to have a fair chance in life, an equal opportunity. For over 70 years, CARE has been providing assistance to those in poverty regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We have learnt from our work across 94 countries that when inequality is tackled, long-term lasting change is possible.
We put women and girls at the heart of our work. With them getting equal opportunities, we can hope to end poverty more effectively."